Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rock Chalk






WOO HOO!


What a weekend for KU fans! Friday night's bb game was awesome b/c we creamed the other team, and last night's football game was awesome. I can't believe we are 10-0! Everyone in Lawrence is in a state of shock right now. We could go to the national championship game...in FOOTBALL! We are so excited. I dressed Gus up in his Jayhawk stuff for Friday and Saturday night's games, but he goes to bed at 8pm, so he didn't really get to enjoy too much of the games. But last year during bb season he would get really upset when Andy and I would yell at the tv during games (it startled the little guy...he was only 3 months or so!) but now he just gets really excited and jumps around and shouts with us. He's learning! So, I need to really figure out who my new boyfriend on the basketball team is this year. I have too many right now (in no particular order): Collins, Chalmers and Jackson. I think Jackson is my #1, and then Collins and then Chalmers, but sometimes I like Chalmers better than Collins, for whatever reason. But I think Jackson, with his cute dimples, is my #1. So, back off, ladies. Back off.

Other than watching KU sports on tv, it's been a relatively laid-back weekend for us. We played outside in the yard yesterday for such a long time. Gus was in heaven. He just played and played and played in the leaves. At one point I just sat on the back patio, read a magazine and enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate while he continued to play. It was really fun. The photo above shows Gus in our backyard. It's not the best shot of our yard, considering our garden has packed it in for the winter and our compost pile isn't the most attractive thing to feature in a photo, but whatevs. You get the idea!

Andy left for a business trip early this morning, so it's a lazy Sunday for the Guster and me. We drove to Munchers for a donut (for mommy...cream cheese donuts make me very happy) and now we're just hanging out. My mom is out of town on trip with the high school she teaches at, so we may visit my dad today. However, he's been in a really crappy mood for the past 2 months b/c of K-State football (not doing so well...). So, we'll see if we make the trip.

Oh, does anyone out there watch The Soup on Friday nights on E? It's brilliant. There are only about 3 shows I've ever been able to suck Andy into watching with me on a somewhat regular basis: 30 Rock, The Office and The Soup (used to be Talk Soup...). So funny! The Beyonce sketch on Friday night was so hilarious. I don't have to watch all the crap reality shows on tv b/c The Soup covers them for me...in small little bites! Perfect! And it comes on at 9pm Central Time, so we can watch it after Gus has gone to bed. Anyway, I recommend it.

'Til next time...go Jayhawks!






No comments: