So, it is Wednesday, and I am back at work. Gus is having more issues with his eczema, so I am going to call a dermatologist, per the recommendation of his pediatrician. Hopefully we can resolve the issue once and for all. Arrrgghhhh (that's the sound of me being frustrated).
Otherwise, just getting through the end of November. I feel like it should be December already. Usually time flies, but lately it seems that the end of this month is creeping by.
I am excited because Andy scored free tickets to the KU bb game tonight. I was afraid we would have to pass because of the late notice, but our lovely friend, Annie, said she could come over tonight and watch Gus. May the gods bless you, Annie, for passing up free tickets (even if they are nosebleed seats) to a KU bb game is just a shame. We considered taking Gus, but I was afraid the noise in Allen Fieldhouse might be a bit too much. Plus, the game starts at 7pm, and his bedtime is around 8 or 8:30pm, so that would not work. So, thanks, Annie! Hopefully he will go to sleep for her tonight. Sometimes, with a babysitter, Gus refuses to go to sleep. It is kinda funny, because I did that when I was little, but I think I was older than 1! Sometimes he seems like he is 4 years old or something...he cracks me up.
Speaking of sleep, we have been trying to put Gus down awake (but tired) at night so he can go to sleep completely on his own. I imagine most people with 15-month old babies have been doing this for some time, but we are just starting to really enforce it. Up until now, I have honestly really enjoyed our bedtime ritual of rocking him to sleep (after he drinks some milk). I usually put him down when he is super drowsy, but I never really make him go to sleep completely on his own. So we'll see how it goes. He is really good about going back to sleep by himself in the middle of the night. We've done the whole "cry it out" thing before, and it has worked on him. If he wakes for any reason and is upset, he pretty much immediately goes back to sleep (unless he's sick or really teething or something). But when he first goes down to sleep, he is just used to snuggling with me. Selfishly, I'm going to miss that time with him. He's growing up and it makes me happy but sad, too. But it makes me more happy than sad. :)
I'm excited b/c this weekend we are having a holiday party with our Lawrence friends, hosted by Jim and Hannah. They have a 18 month old, Ash, and all our Lawrence friends will be there with their babies and whatnot. This year we've all decided to get gifts for a low-income family in Lawrence (set up through Ash's daycare facility) instead of getting each other gifts, so it'll be awesome to give everything to this family. It feels good.
ek
2 comments:
That's a neat idea to give gifts to a less fortunate family. I may suggest that with our friends.
Good luck on the bedtime thing (putting him down awake). It's smart to do now. He'll figure it out quickly I bet, but I know what you mean about missing the cuddle time. Carina has the Lindi-esque "don't touch me" mood most of the time.
Post a Comment