Most people who know me know that autumn is my favorite season...hands down. I love it so much that I look forward to it all year. We've had a wonderful fall this year, which is nice b/c our autumns are usually fleeting (I've used "fleeting" in the past 2 posts...sorry about that). Anyway, I am a total cheeseball about autumn...love watching the leaves fall and taking walks and making hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks, etc...all the autumn stuff that warms the heart. The weather is just lovely (in the 50's during the day, maybe the 60's). But lately I've really been yearning for some snow. I think it's b/c people are already starting to celebrate Christmas, so that always gets me in the mood for snow. But I'm not going to get too excited considering we usually get more ice than snow 'round these here parts. But, maybe this is our year for a snowy winter wonderland? That would be fun. I just love hunkering down with the family on a snowy day or night.
I have to run to KC later today for one of my lasik follow-up appointments. I had the surgery back in August/September, so I have a few follow-ups throughout the year to make sure my eyes are doing well. I have NO complaints. I've worn glasses and/or contacts since 6th grade, so having perfect eyesight is like 10 birthdays in one for me. But I have to go to the appointment, and I have to take Gus, so it should be interesting/hilarious. He's going to run around the office like a crazy little man, so it'll take some energy and patience (what doesn't?). But it'll be fine. Other than that, just working today. Gotta promote some fine arts musicians today, and I'm not really feeling it. Maybe after my 2nd cup of coffee I'll feel more like writing the press releases. Fun!
I think Gus' cold is slowly going away! Yahoo! His rash looks better today. We've been putting Vicks Vaporub (well, actually the Target brand to be honest) on his feet and covering them with socks every night, and it seems to be working. Andy's co-worker suggested it, and she knew what she was talking about. Thanks, Danni!
Andy returns tonight from Dallas. I'm excited. I not a huge fan of his travel sked since he does it quite a bit, but distance does make the heart grow fonder, so it'll be fun to see him. And I should get used to it b/c once he goes to the next level at work he's going to travel all the time...albeit shorter trips, but still...But I don't mind it too much b/c his trips are usually pretty short. He's started this fun tradition of buying Gus a snow globe in some of the cooler travel locations he visits. So far Gus has one from Seattle, but Andy wasn't sure he could find a snow globe in Dallas! So perhaps he'll get another from D.C. later this year. He'll have quite the collection when he's older. Speaking of travel, I haven't been on an airplane in, well, too long. So I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that we can take a spring vacation to Savannah to visit Andy's sister, Jenny, and her baby, Eli. Jenny's husband, Aaron, is in Iraq (2nd trip over there) and he returns later in 2008. So we really want to visit her. Plus, Eli and Gus are basically the same age (3 months apart), so they are going to have a ball together. We may even go into Florida and visit Andy's aunt and uncle. It should be a really fun trip. I'm excited for it!
Until next time...
ek
3 comments:
Plus Erin, those frequent flyer miles are great and they'll add up fast for him so at least when you take that vacation you won't have to pay for one or both of your tickets!
That is so funny you mention the vapor run on the feet. My mom just told me about it this weekend and she tried it and reported back that it had worked. Good to know it works for kids, too! So cool.
YES!!!!!!!! You MUST come visit us! We can't wait! = )
Post a Comment