So, it's Monday. I'm not a big Monday fan. Who is, though? I'd like to meet Monday fans. I bet they are weirdos. Just kidding...I also don't like Wednesdays. I think I dislike Wednesdays as much as Mondays. I don't mind Tuesdays or Thursdays, and I've already talked about my feelings for Fridays. Anyway, not sure how I got off on that...
Yesterday ended up being a pretty good day. We drove down to Burlingame to visit pops. He was in the dumps, I'm assuming b/c K-State lost badly to Nebraska on Saturday. Thankfully my mom was there, too. We just hung out and tried to control Lucy, their dog. Lucy is sweet, but she is annoying, too. But she's sweet, so I feel bad saying that she is annoying. She just barks loudly and she jumps all over you and it really takes her some time to calm down. She scared the crap out of Gus, so he was really afraid of her for awhile. But then they became best friends, so it worked out. Poor Lucy, so misunderstood. We left Burlingame a bit later than I would've liked b/c my dad really wanted to find this electric train that goes around the base of the Christmas tree. He found it and gave it to us, so that'll be fun to turn on during the holidays. I have a feeling one or more of the cats will dismantle it in some way, but it'll be fun. Dad perked up a bit by the time we left, so I guess that is good. I used to get super moody when KU would lose a basketball game, but I've mellowed out. My friend Jessica told me the other day that she's convinced having a baby mellowed me out. She said I would make her feel uncomfortable b/c I would get so pissed if KU lost. That made me laugh out loud, b/c I had forgotten how truly upset I would get. I'm just passionate, that's all.
Gus has been going through a bit of a shy phase lately. He warms up to people after awhile, so that's good. I'm not used to this b/c he's not a shy kid normally. He seems pretty extroverted, actually. But my daycare provider informed me that most kids around his age go through this, so that's good to hear. Not that being shy is a bad thing at all, but I'm just not used to it with Gus. I have to admit it feels nice to be wanted. He's always hanging on to my pant legs. Before Gus came along, I would try to imagine how it would feel to have kids. They are so dependent on you for everything, and they love you so much. It's like nothing you've ever felt. I don't mean to sound like a Celine Dion song, but it's just a wonderful feeling. I always looked forward to being wanted that much, and I have to say, it's a wonderful, mushy, fabulous feeling. Don't get me wrong, I want my kids to be independent, self-assured adults. But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy this fleeting time while it lasts. :)
Ok, I'm out for now.
ek
2 comments:
Hey Erin,
I was laughing out loud about your Celine Dion comment. I know what you mean. Eli had me laughing so hard last night b/c he was so excited about fetching a ball, it was crazy! I was laughing too about how much KU games effect your mood, I never knew! Have a good Monday!
- Cherie
I know what you mean about imagining what having kids would be like, before you had kids, obviously. I always thought it would feel great to have a kid latch on to your leg - that dependent love you talked about it. And it is great. But it's funny how much more time you have to observe that when you're not a mom. Now I'm almost too busy to notice it!
Post a Comment