Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Arrggghhhh...

So I'm at work and normally I would be working but our email has been down since 8:30 am. I have so much to do today, and it's stressing me out a bit. I guess there's nothing I can do, and when KU's email system goes down, it takes them forever to figure it out. So, I thought I'd post given that I have some free time on my hands. You don't realize how much you depend on email until it's gone.

I had a "girl's night" last night. It was super fun. I met a few girlfriends for a movie at Liberty Hall. We saw "Juno" and I really liked it. The overall soundtrack is really pretty good, and they included one of my all-time favorite songs at the end (the scene where Juno has her baby). They play Cat Power's version of "Sea of Love" and I was (quietly) sobbing, trying not to embarrass myself. I covet that song, and it was the perfect song to play during that scene. I get choked up thinking about it.

We're having Marisa and Tom over for dinner tonight, assuming the weather holds up. I'm making potato/cheese soup along w/ some garlic bread. I've been craving a hearty soup, so this should do the trick. Lots of cheese and some bacon, too. In fact, Andy tried to make the bacon for me last night and he burned the entire pack. Our house smells so bad right now. My purse and all my clothes smell like bacon. I'm convinced that dogs and cats are going to start following me around b/c I smell so meaty. And I'm also convinced my co-workers are totally horrified by my smell. I did shower and I used perfume and lotion! It's penetrating my skin...and I have to make more bacon tonight for the soup, so it's going to smell so rank for awhile!

I just went home for lunch and watched some of Days and it is so ridiculous, but I love it. John Black is ALIVE! (of course) but now he's under some weird Stefano spell (again)...at least that's what I gather. Kelly might know more! :) But I also watched some of the Scott Baio, 45 and Pregnant show. It is so ridiculous. First of all, the name of the show is just stupid. And I can't stand that moron, but somehow I couldn't turn it. I'm not sure why. Probably b/c I love crappy tv shows. I swear they make those reality shows just for me.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yes, John Black is ALIVE. It was my NY resolution to not watch Days. However, like most NY resolution diets, I have not been able to stick to it. I have basically told myself that if I don't have time to watch it, I won't, which is a step in the right direction as I used to stress over it. Anyway, we knew JB would be alive. of course Stephano says he'll never return to his old self... Doubtful Stephano, doubtful.. You know how powerful Marlena's love is.. It will pull him back in... Of course...