So, this pregnancy is different from the last one in that I've been pretty sick to my stomach since about week 4 or 5. It has let up just a bit since Christmas, so hopefully that means it'll get even better as I roll into the 2nd trimester. I'm going on 11 weeks now, and I thought up until last week that I was actually 2 weeks ahead of what I actually am. Basically, we were off by almost 2 weeks, which is kinda a bummer b/c that means I get that much more time with morning sickness (they should call it "all day sickness"--more appropriate). I can't complain too much, though, b/c I haven't actually thrown up (TMI, I know, but it is what it is). I'm just nauseous x 10. And certain foods make me want to throw up now, too. That didn't happen last time, either, at least that I remember. Scrambled eggs? Check. Dry cereal? Check. Can't stomach either one right now. And I love a bowl of cereal in the morning. So I've been eating yogurt and maybe a piece of toast in the morning. Luckily, Gus LOVES yogurt, so we always share a little Yoplait every morn. Oh, and I've found that the Preggo Pop Drops you can buy for morning sickness do work. Thanks to Jenny and Sally for getting these for me! And apple juice works, too. Don't know why...
Otherwise I'm just tired quite a bit of the time. I am trying to take it easy but it's hard with a one-year old in tow. Really hard. And I've had sleep issues lately, too. I go through this at points throughout the year where I just cannot sleep very well. It's so frustrating. It didn't help that Andy got home at 1am this morning from a business trip, and being the light sleeper than I am, I was naturally awake when he came in. And I didn't get back to sleep until close to 2:30 or 3am. Good times. Hopefully that'll pass soon! Where's the Tylenol PM when you need it? :)
Okay, enough bitchin' from me. I'm so ready for the spring to arrive. I can't wait to work in my garden/s. I have so many plans for the front and backyard this year. I hope I can get all of it done!
ek
1 comment:
Man, YOU sound like a new born with those sleep habits. I'm still in shocked excitement that you're pregnant again! It's all too real for you, who feels sick all day long, right? Here's to some peaceful nights hopefully. Cheers.
Post a Comment