I don't know why I used that as my title, except that I like the Bangles and it's Monday.I've been having major preggo dreams lately. Last week I had a dream that I was riding on a motorcycle with Johnny Depp (a young Johnny Depp...21 Jump Street days), but we were both naked. And then it ended too soon. Then last night I had a dream that I was a finalist on Rock of Love, the VH1 "reality" show about Bret Michaels from the 80's band Poison trying to find his one, true love. Anyway, I was one of two or three finalists and I remember thinking in the dream that I was married, so I shouldn't really be a finalist. But I was excited, nonetheless. Yeah...weird. And I don't even have a crush on Bret Michaels, I just like the show b/c it's absolutely hilarious. I love hormonal dreams.
The sleeping thing has improved a bit. I've been going to bed pretty early so that has helped.
Gus has been pret
ty awesome lately. He has his toddler moments, and I'm learning to chill out a bit. At first I started to internalize every single thing and freak out, but the more people I talk with, the more I realize he's just going through the typical toddler stages of defiance and sassafrass-ness. But lately he has been really cool. He's babbling up a storm and dances a lot. Now he has a dance where he raises both arms above his head when the music starts and he wants us to do the same. So, we do, and it's hilarious. I should take video of it. It's like a rave or something, without the drugs and techno music and whatnot. This photo was taken when he tried on Andy's slippers. He tried to walk around in them and then got pretty upset when we took them off. Other than that, just trying to get through the winter blues. Bring on spring. Oh, and I included the photo of our cats b/c they rule our house and it's rare that we can get a photo of the three of them together. Aren't they just special...
'Til later!
ek
2 comments:
"Rock of Love".. Ha ha! Did you see Bret Michaels on "The Soup" the other day? At least he is able to make fun of himself. He's so gross.
oo, Sassafrass. Good word. That should be in the "What to expect in the first year" glossary.
Love the sounds of a Gus' age!Techno! haha. I ask Carina what a techno party sounds like and she says "nn-tz nn-tz nn-tz" (can you adlib there?).
Post a Comment