Our holidays were very nice. We had a great time visiting family in Iowa, and some of our Michigan family came down to Iowa, as well. It was nice. The kids (Gus and his cousin, Eli) were spoiled rotten with toys. I've posted photos from our holiday get-togethers at our flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrew_dierks. Here's a fun photo of Gus and Eli, his cousin, playing w/ new toys at Christmas. Note the matching pjs! This has become somewhat of a tradition. They did it last year, too. It's super cute. Thanks to Jenny for always buying the pjs! It's our turn next year.Overall, we've stayed sorta kinda healthy over the past couple of weeks. Eli was getting over a nasty flu bug, so he was kinda sick when we were in Iowa. Gus threw up one night while we were in Iowa, but we figured out it was the chili he ate, not the flu. He did have a nasty fever on New Year's Eve, so we were up pretty much all night w/ him. Andy and I had to laugh at midnight, b/c we honestly never thought in a million years we'd be up that late, but we were! But it was to calm Gus down...But then his fever went away, so that's good. But then...he fell in our kitchen yesterday and split open his top lip. After much blood (I started to freak out but calmed myself down somehow...), many cold washcloths and some Motrin, he seemed better. But last night he slept so poorly. He was up pretty much the majority of the night crying. It was awful. I hope it's better tonight. There's not much to do with a fat lip but let it heal. It looks like he was punched in the mouth, though. He was chasing one of our cats and tripped on the crappy kitchen rug that I've desperately wanted to replace, especially now. Darn you, World Market, and your crappy circular straw rugs! (They are on sale right now...don't do it).
So, that brings us to this week. I'm working from home all week b/c my daycare provider is at the Orange Bowl. I'm pretty tired, but otherwise, things are fine. Andy's sister, Lindsey, moved to KC last weekend, so she's settling in. She starts her new job in KC Monday.
Go KU tonight! I'm curious to see what happens.
More later!
ek
2 comments:
Oh no! Poor Gus. :( Carina just hit her lip a few months ago and now I know how HUGE lips get when they get hurt. Did you take a pic of it, or maybe it's too sad to capture. Blood is scarey the first you see a bunch of it on your kid, isn't it? Especially on the face.
I'm sure it will heal quickly, since it's a high blood area. Is it better by now?
It is better now. The nasty scab fell off finally (TMI!), so that is good. It looked awful for a couple of days, though!
Post a Comment