So, we've recently started "time-outs" with Gus. He's been a bit of a little stinker lately--very defiant and sassy. I have no idea where he gets that from, but it's alarming. Chuckle, chuckle. Anyway, his fave word is "no!" so we've been putting him in time-out in his pack-n-play when he misbehaves. I wait until he really pushes the limit before putting him in time-out, and he's only been 2x so far. He doesn't like it, and we've noticed a bit of improvement since we've started it. I'm also trying to get him to stop saying "No!" when he wants something badly (I think he knows the word "No!" so well now that he uses it when it doesn't even make sense, which is super fun). He usually just wants food or more specifically, crackers. and I've asked him to instead say "Please" and "Yum Yum, crackers!." He says "Num, num" but hasn't quite figured out "Please" yet. Baby steps...
But otherwise he's great. He's saying new "words" every day. At times he seems to say complete sentences, even if it is in his own language. It's so funny, though, to hear him form a somewhat complete thought outloud but it's in alien-speak. And usually his language will be peppered with real words, like "no!" or "cracker" or "daddy" or something. So I think he's trying to talk, just hasn't quite formed all the words yet.
Last night was nice. Andy is out of town until tonight, so last night after Gus went to bed, I ate some ice cream and watched most of Season 3 of Sex and the City. I'm watching all the seasons through Netflix so when the movie comes out in May I can see it with all the old episodes fresh in my mind. I love that show. I wish I had watched it on HBO when I lived in Chicago, when it was actually on. But that's what Netflix is for, right? I'll probably finish the disc tonight.
It's rainy and snowy here. Pretty dreary. I want to attempt to take a walk w/ Gus later today, so we'll see how the weather holds up.
Have a good one! Oh, and a shout out to my new celebrity friends, Lindi and Ben! I also saw them on tv during the KU / Boston College game (woo hoo!) and then saw them in the Journal World paper. How awesome! And that game was awesome. KU looked rock solid on the court.
ek
1 comment:
And here's a holler back from your celebrity friend. haha. Man, that game was a blast. Re: Gus' language - I just love that stage! Like you said, you can tell they have thoughts but just don't know how to express it all. Take video now because when he starts talking you'll barely be able to remember this stage.
Post a Comment