So, quite a bit has happened in the past few days that I need to write about!
First, Andy and I recently let everyone know that we're expecting baby #2! We're psyched. We're nervous as hell, but we're really excited, too. The babe is due August 2, and Gus' 2nd birthday is Aug. 6. Great timing! But we are just so excited about giving Gus a little sister or brother and having another little tot around the house. It's going to be insane, but a good insane. So, that's our big 2008 announcement!
And, what about those Jayhawks! What a game. I was so nervous near the end of the football game, but we pulled it off. Yahoo! We won the Orange Bowl. Gus and I are representing today with our KU shirts on. We are so proud. And the bb team takes on Boston College tomorrow. I'm kinda nervous, but I know we can beat them. GO KU! Rock Chalk, people! I am so freakin' excited.
And Obama won the Iowa caucus! I'm personally really excited about this. He's always been my fave, but living in Kansas it's been difficult to get too excited about him b/c we don't really matter until the big election. So, I would've supported Hillary, too, and if she ends up getting the bid, I will support her. But I hope Obama can carry this success into New Hampshire and he can win the bid as the Democratic frontrunner. His speech last night was amazing, too. We switched back and forth between the KU game and CNN. He was just so uplifting and hopeful and awesome. Gotta respect the guy. I told Andy that I had a bit of a (platonic) crush on Obama b/c he seems so kind and so hopeful and so honest and Andy said, "I think everyone does!" And then he smiled. Yeah!
Let's see...working from home again today. Just a 1/2 day. Took the car in for an oil change already. Gus is getting harder and harder to manage when taking him out. He doesn't like to be in his carseat for too long, and he just recently started getting really impatient in his stroller. It's a bummer to me, b/c my walks are shorter and our car trips are more anxious b/c he just wants to get out and walk around. Fun times! But he is overall a great kid and he knows what "no" means. If we really tell him "no" he'll walk away from the temptation...most of the time. I hope that lasts...ha...
That's it for now. Happy New Year, happy new baby, and happy everything else! And again, Rock Chalk Jayhawk, GO KU!
ek
2 comments:
That's cool that all your maternity clothes will be the right season to wear again. Makes that part easier too.
PS - Great use of humor on the "darn you World Market...!" part. hahahah
Post a Comment