The weekend was a nice one. We had a bunch of folks over Saturday to watch the KU game, so that was fun. We all contributed some food so it was a pretty huge feast (everything from sandwiches to baked mac n' cheese to brownies to chips!). I pigged out and hung out with friends, and Gus and Ash played together. Our friends Mo and Seth announced they are having a baby, too, so we are extremely excited for them! Seth has a 12-year old son, Dominic, and Seth and Mo said Dom is a bit shell shocked by the whole idea of having a baby sister or brother. It'll be so fun. They are due Sept. 9, I believe, which is just about 5 weeks after us. So Mo and I are going to hit the pool together this summer...pregnant ladies unite!I'm going on 14 weeks along now. I have a doc appt. tomorrow, so I'm exicted for that. I can feel the 1st trimester lifting. I've already felt more energetic and not quite as sick. I think this spring-like weather has helped, too, but I have to wait a bit for spring. I have a bump, and it's definitely larger than my bump at this time on the 1st pregnancy, but I don't think I necessarily look pregnant, just bloated. I can't wait to "pop" so it's obvious why I'm carrying more weight around. Oh, and lately I've been really craving boiled eggs. So, I made a bunch this morning (Gus loves them, too), and I peeled mine, bit into it, and almost lost my cookies. Something about the smell gagged me and I had to throw it out. This pregnancy stuff is crazy! One second I crave something and the next it tastes or smells terrible. Hilarious. Sorry, boiled eggs. We had our moment in time.
Let's see...I've posted some new photos and a video. The brush photo is actually an art installation by August David Dierks. :) Gus inserted Cheerios into my hairbrush and also into the hole on the brush handle (my favorite part). Such a vision for art! The video is also a glimpse into Gus' artistic vision. Andy installed a chalk board downstairs on one of the walls of Gus' "romper room." It's really cool. He bought it at a surplus store that sells old materials from local schools. He drilled it to the wall and Gus adores it.My dad is having surgery today on his arm (carpal tunnel). It's in Topeka, so we may drive there to visit he and my mom at the hospital, but it just depends on Gus' nap schedule. He's been gradually napping later and later in the day, going from a pretty dependable 11am nap to noon or 1pm. So, we'll see. Then my dad has at least 1 month off to heal, so I hope to visit Bgame with Gus on some of my 1/2 days so we can hang with Gpa. I have a feeling he's going to go a bit stir crazy b/c he won't be able to do anything with his arm in a cast. He'll need the company.
Oh, just an aside...if the rumors are true, my celebrity preggo partner this time around will be none other than Gwen Stefani. Gossip says she's 13 weeks along with her second babe...hey, maybe we have the same due date? She better not steal any of our names...ha! I laugh, BUT, my celeb pregnancy partner with Gus was Mariska Hargitay and she named her son AUGUST! She had him a bit before I had Gus, but we had already pretty much agreed on August as the boy name. Good thing Mariska and I aren't GREAT friends or that would be weird. Yeah.
Oh, we also posted some more pics on our flickr site, if you are interested. I'll post after the doc appt tomorrow!
ek
2 comments:
I love the Cheerios hairbrush and the "colorful grass" that Gus is drawing for the Jayhawk and the scaryface to dwell in. that pic of you and him is so cute.. his little belly is adorable. Those eggs are good to eat at this time of your pregnancy, but I remember having the same problem with them.. one minute they were scrumptuous and the next, disgusting!
That is so funny. I can't wait to see Eli and Gus playing together, or side by side. It think it'll be a riot. The boiled egg thing is understandable. I have no cravings right now, well, I don't think I do...can't wait to see the "bloated bump!"
Post a Comment