Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More teething

Gus is teething again. He's getting what I think are molars, and I can tell it's pretty painful. He wakes up periodically at night and wimpers/cries. He usually puts himself back to sleep, but I feel bad for him. He usually wakes up in the morning chatting and playing in his crib, but he woke up crying this morning. I went in and rocked him back to sleep and he slept for another hour or so, but he's just been so cranky. He's also been shoving his hand in his mouth quite a bit, so it's pretty clear that it's teething. Thankfully the Orajel works well at night. He doesn't like teething rings or washclothes with ice or anything like that. It'll be nice when these teeth make an appearance. They are taking forever to get here. But once they get here, he can chew steak! Ha...just kidding.

Other than teething woes, things are fine. The weekend was very low-key. It's just so cold outside we basically stayed inside all weekend. We did have a "date night" Saturday night. We asked Annie to babysit and we went to our friends' house to watch the KU/Mizzou game. I'm so happy we won, even if the win was ugly. It was so nice to just hang out and eat chili and watch the game and not worry about Gus. It was a good break, but then of course we missed him. He was sound asleep when we got home.

We laid around yesterday (I had the day off) and then drove up to KC to visit Lindsey and Anthony at Lindsey's downtown apartment. Gus had a blast running around the place and playing with them. Last night Andy and I watched the Democratic debates in South Carolina. They were heated, but good. We also watched some of the Texas/Ok. State game, but I went to bed before finding out who won. I've been so exhausted lately that I literally have to force myself to stay up past 8pm. Some nights I just give in and go to bed, or read in bed and then crash after about 2 pages. I hope the 2nd trimester brings more energy my way...I'm looking forward to it! :)

Today I'm working 1/2 day and trying not to get cabin fever. I wish it would warm up a bit. I think this will be my favorite spring of all time. I don't think I've looked forward to a spring so much in my life, for some reason!

ek

1 comment:

Lindi Ben said...

Date night! wo-hooo! Love those, albeit few and far between, nights.